AISFAM

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
jans

AISFAM

Post by jans »

I have some questions about the combination AISBACKUP and AISFAM

Environment:

1. AISBACKUP starting every day at 19u00 via Started Task.
2. AISFAM installed in stead of Microsoft VSS.
3. Goal: Copy of System Disk to External USB Drive

Questions:
Is AISFAM automatically started together with AISBACKUP for copying
the "exclusive opened files" during System Copy ?
If not, how can I activate this ?

Kind regards
JANS :wink:
Barry
Site Admin

AISFAM

Post by Barry »

The last few releases of AISFAM from Vision Works Solutions do no auto run at start-up as used to be the case. I have a question logged on their site about this.

Actually I have found that on Vista AISFAM must run as an administrator and if done via the Registry does not run. However, if you make a start-up scheduled job to run AISFAM with the highest privileges then it runs okay.

If VW Solutions do not intend to launch AISFAM at start-up I will take their advice for the best 'place' to put this and add the update to AISBackup.

Barry
jans

Re: AISFAM

Post by jans »

Barry wrote:The last few releases of AISFAM from Vision Works Solutions do no auto run at start-up as used to be the case. I have a question logged on their site about this.

Actually I have found that on Vista AISFAM must run as an administrator and if done via the Registry does not run. However, if you make a start-up scheduled job to run AISFAM with the highest privileges then it runs okay.

If VW Solutions do not intend to launch AISFAM at start-up I will take their advice for the best 'place' to put this and add the update to AISBackup.

Barry
Barry,
I have done as you mentioned.
I created a scheduled task that runs at systems startup via the Microsoft Task Scheduler.
Now, when I start AISBACKUP, I see the notification "FAM enabled" in stead of "VSS enabled".
This solve my problem completely.
Thanks for the info.
JANS
Barry
Site Admin

AISFAM

Post by Barry »

I found out yesterday that the SysTray AISFAM does not need to be running for AISFAM to work. AISBackup detects AISFAM by checking if the SysTray program is running, from the next upload of 2.7 it will check if the AISFAM service is installed instead.

Barry