Schduled backup task does not run

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
beheer

Schduled backup task does not run

Post by beheer »

On a few of our Windows 2000 servers the Scheduled Task for AISbackup will not run.

Even when I open the 'Scheduled Tasks' window on the server, and try to run it manually, nothing seems to happen. The 'Last Run Time' remains 'Never'

Other scheduled tasks on these computers run without problem

The event logs on these servers show nothing related to the attemtp to run the task.

When I run the job manually in AISbackup, it works as expected.

Any suggestions?

Arie
Barry
Site Admin

MS Scheduler settings

Post by Barry »

Have you tried working directly with the task that AISBackup made and run the job in 1 minute?

If the job is not running then perhaps AISBackup did not set-up the user information in the schedule correctly.

Barry
beheer

Post by beheer »

good suggestion, if I create manually a new task in the 'Scheduled Tasks' window, and set the properties the same (as far as I can tell) as the task created by AISbackup, I can run the new task (it is still running now). There must be a subtle difference between the task created by AISbackup (that will not run) and the task created manually (that will run). On most servers, however, the tasks created by AISbackup run without problem.

While we're on the tasks subject, what I noticed is that on some computers AISbackup will show some progress windows near the system tray (lower right corner) when it is started by a scheduled task, while on other computers no progress window will show when it is run by a scheduled task.

I have not found an other significant difference yet between those 2 kinds of computers.

Arie
Barry
Site Admin

Task tray or not?

Post by Barry »

The difference may be that some jobs are set to run under the current logged on user account, these show the minimised task, and a username an password is set for the user account, these may not show the minimised task.

Which version of Windows are these PC’s / Servers running? (Please include x64 Windows if appropriate as I have seen some differences with some options, for example with the current version of AISBackup the e-mail log option does not work with x64 Server 2003)

Barry
beheer

Post by beheer »

beheer wrote:While we're on the tasks subject, what I noticed is that on some computers AISbackup will show some progress windows near the system tray (lower right corner) when it is started by a scheduled task, while on other computers no progress window will show when it is run by a scheduled task.
The difference is probably the method I use to access these servers remotely. Some I access by VNC (taking over the console session), others I access with Remote Desktop (creating a new session)

As AIS probably shows the progress windows in the console session when running from a Scheduled Task, they will show the progress windows with VNC but not with RDP, correct?

Arie