Backup log e-mail

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Boitz

Backup log e-mail

Post by Boitz »

if a take a backup with e-mail log option in Auto-Run Modus i don't get emails from AISBACKUP.

- this problem only in ver. 2.6.1 (bug???)
- e-mail log from aisbackup direct is funktionable the problem is only in auto-run modus!
Barry
Site Admin

E-mail notification

Post by Barry »

I used the Manage Backup / Change Backup Settings / E-Mail log option and SMTP settings to set-up the backup e-mail notification and ran the job unattended and attended auto-run, i.e when logged in and when no user was logged in. Both worked!

Here is the e-mail set-up form:

Here is the SMTP set-up form:

A message is written to the summary log file when an e-mail is sent. The message cannot be written to the job log file because the job has finished by the time the log message is written, see:

Backup History Logs / Summary Log, here is an example:

If the backup is been run from another user account then you must login and set-up the SMTP options or this will happen:

Once everything is okay the log should look something like this:

Please also check that an Internet security suite is not preventing the e-mail from been sent when the backup job is running unattended. This would be quite normal behaviour for most internet security software, for example, this PC uses PC-Cillin and each time a new version of AISBackup is installed it must be authorised to send e-mails, access FTP and create processes (e.g. open Windows Explorer or open files directly from a backup by double clicking a file).

Barry