Long delay starting auto run backup (Vista)

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Hughg

Long delay starting auto run backup (Vista)

Post by Hughg »

Hi Barry

I'm finding that backups run from Vista's task scheduler are sometimes taking a very long time. Looking at the logs, there seem to be two patterns:

1. Normal pattern: An SSTART message, followed by three INF messages, the last of which is "Creating session: xxx", and then three STAT messages, the first of which is "Files selected for backup: xx (yy MB)". Then the backup proceeds normally.

2. Delayed pattern: The SSTART message, followed by the same three INF messages, and then there's a long pause, sometimes a couple of hours or more. Than an AUTORUN message "Queuing jobs: <job name>." Then there's another gap, ranging from about 10 minutes to several hours, and then the STAT messages above, starting with "Files selected for backup: xx (yy MB)." Then the backup continues normally.

I never have any problem starting backup jobs manually on this machine. Is this one of the inscrutable delights of Vista, or is there something that could be done to fix it, do you think?

Cheers
Hugh
Barry
Site Admin

Stalled backup?

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

Does the backup job send an e-mail after backup and does your internet security need AISBackup to be authorised to send e-mails afrer installing a new version? On a recent test here the backup stalled when sending an e-mail because I did not authorise the sending of e-mail's in PC_Cillin.

What is the backup destination, e.g. FTP, removal drive, network drive or local drive?.

Cheers

Barry
Hughg

Post by Hughg »

Hi Barry

No, it doesn't send any e-mails. There are two jobs (they run on alternating days); one goes to a local drive on the same PC, and the other to a network drive, on another PC on the LAN. Both jobs run just fine if they're run manually.

Cheers
Hugh