Scheduling problems

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
raffee

Scheduling problems

Post by raffee »

Running 2.6.1.319 and Vista SP1

I am having trouble creating custom schedules. I want to run a particular backup job on certain days of the week, But when I complete checking off the days I want, when I am taken to the next screen, I just get "Add New Job" highlighted but not the current job I want to schedule. Clicking on the highlight does nothing. The workaround I have found so far is to schedule the job every day and then go into MS Task Scheduler and change to the days I want.

Also, I would like to schedule two jobs to run back-to-back without having to set a start time for the second job. I read a detailed post here explaining how to do this, but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I have finished adding the two jobs I want, everything seems fine, but the final screen message is that the Backup Task Failed and no schedule is created.

Thanks in advance for any help, particularly for the second problem.
Barry
Site Admin

Task scheduler

Post by Barry »

I agree that ‘Add New Job’ can be misleading and this has been changed to ‘Add New Schedule’ in the next release. You should select ‘Add New Job’ to add the selected jobs to a new schedule.

To add more than one backup job to the same schedule use the Tools / Auto Running AISBackup option. From the drop-down list select the jobs you wish to schedule and then click each job (in the top list) to fine-tune the parameters, e.g. the day of the week. Click MS Task Scheduler and then ‘Add New Job’ and enter the time that the jobs should be scheduled. Click OK if the backup jobs should be run under the current logged on user.

This web page may help:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/faqautorun.php

Barry
raffee

Post by raffee »

I don't think I made myself clear. I appreciate your help and suggestions . . . but I am doing exactly the things you mention. I try and "Add New Job" but clicking, double-clicking, etc. on it do absolutely nothing. It just stays highlighted.

I have read the page you reference. I do everything exactly that way. But when I finish, instead of saving the bundled jobs, I get an error that the Backup Task was not created. I see that I wrote in my earlier post that the Backup Task Failed . . . but I never even get a chance to fail as it is never created in the first place.

Feel free to post any other thoughts, ideas, etc, etc, etc!!