Build 317 hangs on launch

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Hughg

Build 317 hangs on launch

Post by Hughg »

Barry -- I've just installed build 317 and when I try to launch it, it gets as far as the splash screen and shows the main window behind the splash screen, but freezes at that point and I have to use the Windows task manager to shut it down. Rebooting doesn't help. I've gone back to build 314 for the moment. I'm running Vista SP1. Any thoughts?

Hugh
Barry
Site Admin

Latest version hanging at start-up

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

Build 317 does not hang here but I have had two reports of this problem.
Build 317 it has been superseded by build 318 which will be uploaded soon. Perhaps you could try this for me before general release so than any ‘hanging’ problems can be rectified.

Barry
Hughg

Post by Hughg »

Sure, Barry -- happy to help.

Hugh
Barry
Site Admin

Build 317 hanging

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

I have uploaded build 319, if this hangs please let me know the number in the top right hand corner of the splash screen.

Cheers

Barry
Hughg

Post by Hughg »

Hi Barry

Sorry -- it hung. The number at the top right hand corner of the splash screen is 5.

Cheers
Hugh
Barry
Site Admin

319 hang

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

Thanks for trying build 319, I hope the 'number 5' has helped fix the problem!

There was a place where AISBackup could hang at start-up and I hope that this is now fixed. The updated download is not public yet but can be found here:

www.aiscl.co.uk/build320/aisbi320.exe

Even if AISBackup does not hang please also check the 'Log' page (tab) to see if the message 'AISBackup did not load correctly' is present. If it is then AISBackup should function okay - but the problem is still not fixed correctly.

Cheers

Barry
Hughg

Post by Hughg »

Hi Barry

Well, this time it got to 7. I guess an advance of 2 is progress :)

Cheers
Hugh
Barry
Site Admin

Build 320 still faulty

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

I have uploaded another version of build 320 with more progress numbers in the hope that the fault can be narrowed down.

When you registered this copy of AISBackup did you use the key file or the old key number?

Please send me your registry settings via the help / bug report / attach summary logs and AISBackup settings option (from build 304 as 320 will still not work)

If possible try build 320 on another computer where you have registered AISBackup.

www.aiscl.co.uk/build320/aisbi320.exe

Thanks for your help with this fault!

Cheers

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

Build 320 released

Post by Barry »

Hi Hugh

Thanks again for your help fixing the hang during the launch of version 2.6.1 of AISBackup. Build 320 has now been uploaded which contains the fix minus the extra trace information that was added to the version you were using.

Cheers

Barry
Hughg

Post by Hughg »

Great -- glad it worked out. Thanks for tracking the bug down so quickly.

Hugh