include AISbackup Program and Database?

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
beheer

include AISbackup Program and Database?

Post by beheer »

when I create a new job, one of the last checkboxes on the 'AISBACKUP: Auto Select Files' pages is 'AISBackup Program and Database'

What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing this?

For instance, if I do it, and I loose the backup medium, will someone else who finds it be able to access the backup data?
(I have put a password on the backup, but am currently not requesting it to restore data)

On the other hand, if I don't do it, and my office burns down, will I be able to restore the data by installling a new copy of AISbackup on another computer and then restore from the medium?
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

I'm not sure what that option does, but I do know that you can reinstate a backup job from Tools/Open Job From Backup Media. I have used that feature many times without any problems.
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Backup of AISBackup

Post by Barry »

Over the years a few requests for support were to do with lost key files and the ability to restore, or re-instate all jobs following a system re-build. In the majority of cases a backup of the AISBackup database would automatically be included in any ‘system disk’ or C:\ drive backup, but the option was added for those who want to make a backup of AISBackup and associated files.

As pointed out by Brian a backup can be opened on any computer by using the Tools / Open Job From Backup Media option.

Barry