Password Security doesn't seem to work

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Newbietoo

Password Security doesn't seem to work

Post by Newbietoo »

I have a Job which has a Password, however it doesn't prompt me for the password when I go to make changes to the Job Settings or when I Restore a file.

I have checked and the Password is active and the relevant boxes have been checked e.g. prompt for Password on Restore, however the only time I am prompted for a Password is when I go to change it (the Password)

Patrick
Newbietoo
Barry
Site Admin

Password problem

Post by Barry »

Please send the job files for this job using the Help / Bug Report option so that the job may be tested here. Was the password added after the job was originally created?

Barry
Newbietoo

Post by Newbietoo »

Done!

Patrick
Newbietoo
Barry
Site Admin

Prompt password problem

Post by Barry »

I can confirm that this is a bug (or rather the ability to change the option is a bug) and has been fixed for the next upload as follows:

If in Manage Backup / Change Backup Job Settings / Password the password is left blank then there follows another option to remove the password or just to save the 'Ask for password' setting (by selecting the new option PROMPT).

I would still like my 'Private Message' request please.

Barry
Newbietoo

Post by Newbietoo »

Barry,

I think, but I cannot be certain, that I applied the Password when originally setting the job up. I seem to recall trying to add a password after the fact to another job once and was unable to, so I ended up recreating the job.

I have responded to your private message

Patrick
Newbietoo
Barry
Site Admin

Password security

Post by Barry »

I just tried the following in the current live version of AISBackup and it switched the password options successfully:

The default is to turn the password prompt on regardless of the current setting. If the new password is the same as the existing password (again the default setting) then only the ‘ask for password’ switches are set.

Manage Backup / Change Backup Job Settings / Password / OK

Doesn't this work for you?

Barry
Newbietoo

Post by Newbietoo »

Yes, I have just reset the password as I think you're suggesting, and it now works.

That begs the question why did it stop working...or are you saying it was a bug in an earlier version (in which I created the password) that has since been fixed?

I'll keep an eye on it to see what happens.

Thanks for your help
Patrick
Newbietoo