Zip file ignored during backup and restore

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
IanA

Zip file ignored during backup and restore

Post by IanA »

Today I created a simple one-off job to backup one folder. The folder contained a sub-folder of 100MB (containing files & folders) and one old 450MB zip file. There were NO exclusions.

I previewed the job but AISBackup did not report that it was going to backup the large zip file. I ran the job anyway and it DID backup the large zip file :?. It became the sole contents of the first backup file of the job.

Consequently I decided to perform a test restore of the job, AISBackup did not show this large zip file as a possible restore option - and yet it still exists in the backup files :?.

I'm a bit brain dead after a week of consolidating and reviewing old backups, so am I missing something or is it possible there's a bug here - possibly when backing up files that are larger than the selected max zip size? - This was set at the default 50MB but understood that any files bigger than that would still be dealt with. Seems unlikely as I'm sure I would have come across this before now if that is the problem.

Cheers

Ian

Version: 2.5.0.309
Platform: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
IanA

Hold Fire!!

Post by IanA »

Tried to recreate this in the morning and whilst creating a backup job it wouldn't show the large zip file even when selecting files to include in the backup job.

Thought I might be able to come up with the definitive scenario to recreate this 'problem' that would help you but TRY AS I MIGHT I NOW CAN'T RECREATE ANY 'PROBLEM' AT ALL & last night's backup job let's me restore the zip file !!!!!

Now you see it, now you don't !!!

Not much point diagnosing something that has invisible symptoms, so I'll let you know if and when I come accross this again. Meanwhile, any suggestions as to what might be causing the smoke and mirrors would be greatfully received :o

Cheers

Ian
Barry
Site Admin

large file missing from backup previews

Post by Barry »

I set-up a job which I hope is similar to yours and everything worked okay.

The large zip file in my backup is 496MB and the preview and restore forms both show the job:

Preview

Restore

In order for me to duplicate your backup as closely as possible please e-mail the job files and registry settings via the Help / Bug Report option. There may be an old registry setting from a previous version of AISBackup that is causing this problem.

Barry