store backup in 2 locations?

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
tengwer

store backup in 2 locations?

Post by tengwer »

Is it possible to begin a backup on an external drive and then continue it on a partition on your local drive. In order to save space on my local drive and also so it is quick and easy to run subsequent backups, I would like to backup my whole local disk to my external drive and then run subsequent backups on a separate partition on my local drive. This way I would not have to connect the external drive each time I do a backup and the bulk of the backup would be on my external drive rather than my local hard disk. Let's say C: and D: are partitions on my local hard drive in my laptop. C: is where all my files are and D: is just for the remainder of the backups that are started on my external E: drive. Is this possible? If not could it be possible to be able to do this in your development of AIS Backup? This would be a convenient way to have a full backup of your hard drive on an external drive and small snapshots to quickly restore to (without having to connect the external drive) from your local drive.
Tim
Barry
Site Admin

Multiple backup destinations for the same job

Post by Barry »

In theory this is possible as long as both drives have the same volume name, however a fault has been found in version 2.5 which prevents this. An updated version of 2.5 is planned to be uploaded soon. After the update has been uploaded, and tests run, instuctions will be posted on the forum.

Barry