Scheduling multiple backup jobs

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
ageorge

Scheduling multiple backup jobs

Post by ageorge »

I wanted to schedule a full backup of my server (C: and D: drives), but the software suggested dividing large jobs into parts. So I created a job for C: drive and one for D: drive. I scheduled them around the same time, thinking they would either multithread, or one would wait for the other. Instead, one failed.

So...do I have to guess how long one will take and schedule that much time between them? Or should I put them back into one job?
Andy
ageorge

How to unschedule

Post by ageorge »

Well, I guess I found my answer in the thread "Batch Backup". (Honest, I did look through the forum before I posted--I just didn't realize that thread would have my answer, until I read the posts...)

But that raises another question: I already scheduled each of the backup jobs individually. I can't seem to figure out how to UNschedule them. (Right now there are three MS Scheduler AIS backup tasks--Full C, Full D, and Full Full (both of them together). Should I just delete the ones I don't want using the MS Scheduler window? Or is there a way to do that from within AIS?
Andy
Barry
Site Admin

Deleting schedules

Post by Barry »

An existing schedule may be deleted from AISBackup's task scheduler form, however, this may not be intuitive. AISBackup can be used to launch Microsoft's MS Task scheduler interface using the Tools / Show MS Task Scheduler option, from here tasks may easily be deleted.

Barry