backup does not perform when backup session files are moved

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
sabine

Post by sabine »

hello,

I tried to perform a daily backup. First I began wit a full backup and then with an incremental backup during 5 days. To do some space I just moved all the backup files to another disk but the consequence is that the daily backup job didn't run because it couldn't find the last backup session
I just want to know if I have to move only the incremental backup files to do more space. :?:

Thanks
Sabine
Barry
Site Admin

Manually moving a backup

Post by Barry »

Normally you should use the Manage Backup / Change Backup Destination to move a backup, however it is quite easy to fix this problem:

Manage Backup / Remove Backup Job From List of Backups / Yes

Answer CANCEL to remove the backup, or you will lose the backup (if asked)

Tools / Open Job From Backup Media

Open the AISBackup database file in the new backup destination folder

Answer Yes to the reinstate question.

Answer No to Restore only question.

The backup will now use the correct destination.

Barry
sabine

Post by sabine »

Thank you for your return Barry.
I am going to try the solution you gave me in this post and see if it will work.
However I wanted to copy the backup files on another disk and then delete them from the original disk in order to do some space. I don't want to change the original destination backup, but only remove the older backup files and continue the backup job as usual.
When I do this, I have an error message in my log file saying that it can not find the previous backup. Is there something else to set up to avoid this kind of error message? I would like that when I move some backup files, the backup job must be performed even if the previous backup files are removed.

Thanks

Sabine
Barry
Site Admin

Moving some backup files

Post by Barry »

It is not possible to move some backup files to another disk because all the files in disk based backups are required to be in one folder.

Barry