Unable to connect to FTP

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
chrism

Unable to connect to FTP

Post by chrism »

I am quite sure this is something really stupid, :( but...

I have not been able to get AISBackup to verify my FTP connection.

I am using the same settings (server name, user, password) that I use with WS-FTP, byt when I click Test FTP Connection the following pops up:
Failed to connect to ftp.stationeryandstuff.ca
Exception Attaching to ftp.stationeryandstuff.ca:
Socket Error # 11001
Host not found

I have tried with and without the ftp. prefix with the same result.

Do you have any suggestions for me please?

Thanks, Chris
Barry
Site Admin

FTP

Post by Barry »

I can find your host ftp.stationeryandstuff.ca (Pure-FTPd) using AISBackup, and you will be pleased to here I could not log on because I do not have a user name and password. Have you opened port 21 in the firewall settings on your PC? Maybe you could try turning off your firewall briefly to test the connection. Also use the Passive FTP setting if you are behind a router.

Barry
chrism

Post by chrism »

Thanks for the quick response Barry!

Unfortunately, I have tried all of your suggestions with no change in the outcome. This seems extremely strange since, as mentioned, I am able to connect with my regular FTP program using the same port and same settings I am trying in AISB.

This clearly is an issue with the setup on my local machine, just wondering if you have any more suggestions for settings to check.

Thanks, Chris.
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Settings

Post by Barry »

Request for more information has been sent via Private Message option

Barry
chrism

Post by chrism »

Barry,

I made some changes on my end and I am now able to connect OK. I was using a firewall from F-Secure which was not very user-friendly, so uninstalled that and activated Windows Firewall then rebooted and all is good!

Thanks for your assistance.

Chris.