FTP Problems, Controll File

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
ComPro

FTP Problems, Controll File

Post by ComPro »

Hi,

I am currently testing the FTP but I do not get the session to end.

FTP Process is storing the files to the FTP Server (I tryed two different, with different FTP-Servers) and after storing the backup-zip files it tryes to do something with a ".job.zip" and gets an Exeption "Error inital create zip file - Aborting (Can't find path)".

After this error all file are removed from server.

I tryed AIS Backup from 2.4 (303) and 2.5 (307)
Gruß
Heiko
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Problem

Post by Barry »

I have not seen this problem before, please e-mail the <jobname>.log file. Is the backup created on the local PC okay?

Barry
ComPro

Re: FTP Problem

Post by ComPro »

Barry wrote:I have not seen this problem before, please e-mail the <jobname>.log file. Is the backup created on the local PC okay?
Kick me, I can't find a log. It is enabled in the settings. Maintain a logfile is checked. But I can't find a logfile in the program folder and none in the backup folder.

Tryed to get an eMail with an attached log, but I din't get any eMai also.

Would a Screenshot help you?
Gruß
Heiko
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

The log file is stored in the AISBackup Database folder, this is usually called:

Non-Vista: C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\Database

Vista & Server 2008: C:\ProgramData\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\Database

The file is called <job name>.log

Also, there is a copy to clipboard option on the log display form (Backup History Logs / Copy Page), so you could use that and paste the log into an e-mail.

Barry
ComPro

Post by ComPro »

Barry wrote:The log file is stored in the AISBackup Database folder, this is usually called:

Non-Vista: C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\Database
I use XP-pro and I have not database folder within my program directory :shock: !
I created one and restarted the job but got an exeption.

You will get a screenshot per Mail.

Is it possible to deinstall and install the program again?
Gruß
Heiko
Barry
Site Admin

Hi Heiko

Post by Barry »

Go to Tools / Program Settings and Options / File Locations the first in the list is the database folder, and next to the name is a button to 'explore' the folder using Windows Explorer.

Yes, AISBackup can be uninstalled and re-installed - you will be asked if you want to keep the database of backup jobs when AISBackup is uninstalled.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Job: Database name missing

Post by Barry »

I do not know how this happened, and it has never been reported before, but the database name for the job Pito is blank. The only job type that should have a blank database name is a disk to disk copy or synchronise job.

I have been trying to make a fix using the existing version of AISBackup but this was no 100% successful, so the next version of AISBackup will check and repair this condition if the job is not a disk to disk copy job.

The only way you can fix this problem with the current version of AISBackup is to create another job based on Pito then remove job Pito.

Barry
ComPro

Re: FTP Job: Database name missing

Post by ComPro »

Barry wrote:I do not know how this happened, and it has never been reported before, but the database name for the job Pito is blank.[...]
Ok, thats eay, no problem.
I am quite happy to start a new career in the AIS Backup history file and be famous from now on forever :D
Gruß
Heiko
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

Build 308 of AISBackup has been uploaded, this has been updated to repair this problem:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/downloadaisbackup.php

Barry