FTP Replace Failed

Post by kdmoyers »

ver: 2.3.1.298
windows: XP SP2
backup to: local drive move to ftp server
backup destination: d:\backup\kdm-xp.zip
modes: "remove local" and "on the fly"

Getting errors on FTP upload:
10:12:22 AM FTP FTP Replace Failed: D:\Backup\KDM-XP_89.zip - File uploaded but not present on FTP Server: Possible integrity check fail.

usually 10 or twenty files get the error each time. Several other files DO upload correctly.

If you go and look for these files on the ftp server, they are there, and appear to have contents. I use password and seed, so I can't decrypt the files to check myself. However, I saw a certain name in one of the files though and so I attempted to restore that file, and it worked fine.

In other words, the FTP backup file appears to be fine, despite the error message.

This is a relatively new backup (I just recently had to wipe this machine). Other machines are doing aisbackup to this ftp server with total success.

I have tried with "passive" on and off, no effect.
I must do "remove local" as backup won't fit on local machine.

What is this error really saying?

Can you recommend some things to try?

Is it possible to remove the passwords and should I try that?

Thanks Barry!!
Kirby Moyers
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Error

Post by Barry »

Work is been done on FTP integrity and is in a 'work in hand'version of AISBackup uploaded yesterday. This version uses XCRC if supported by the FTP server and does proper checksum checking after each file is uploaded. A zip file containing AISBackup.exe was uploaded for another user havng a problem with NAS drives reporting disk full so is subject to change and may be downloaded from:

Link to file removed by barry

If Kirby and anybody else downloads the above please ensure that you register AISBackup with us so that we may e-mail you when this test version of AISBackup is updated.

Barry
Last edited by Barry on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdmoyers

Post by kdmoyers »

roger that Barry, will report results within 24 hrs, Thanks!! -Kirby
You must be the change you wish to see in the world
kdmoyers

Post by kdmoyers »

OK, that seemed to work. No errors. However, not much has changed in the last few hours, so there was little to back up, and nothing to prune.

Maybe I'll shove a bunch of files around to stir things up and then try it again. Something to cause a lot of pruning. Hmmm....

Sadly I use IIS FTP, so the XCRC thing is not supported.

In summary, so far, it works. I will report if any further errors are seen.

thanks again Barry.
-Kirby
You must be the change you wish to see in the world