Scheduling problem on Windows Server 2003

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Jeremy

Scheduling problem on Windows Server 2003

Post by Jeremy »

Hi, it's me again!

I am again working on a Windows 2003 server, attempting to schedule a backup job to run nightly at 1:00 AM. The backup job is to a USB drive. I have checked and double-checked that I specified a user name (Administrator) and the appropriate password. The backup job works fine interactively, but when I wait for it to run by the scheduler, it never seems to occur.

From the scheduler log, I see plenty of entries such as:

"AISBACKUP - Test Scheduler.job" (AISBACKUP.exe)
Started 2/9/2007 6:44:28 PM
"AISBACKUP - Test Scheduler.job" (AISBACKUP.exe)
Finished 2/9/2007 6:44:31 PM
Result: The task completed with an exit code of (0).
[ ***** Most recent entry is above this line ***** ]

This last entry was created from manually right-clicking and running it in the Scheduled Tasks window of Control Panel. I also tried pasting the command text in the Start -> Run window...

"C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe" "Test Scheduler|"

and it seemed to work fine. I am using AISBackup 2.3.2.298. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jeremy
Barry
Site Admin

Scheduler on Server 2003

Post by Barry »

I tried this on SBS2003 with a password and it works okay, just backing up the AISBackup program and database to save time.

Please try without a password and leave administrator logged in (as an experiment).

This problem may be caused by 'different' Administrator accounts, e.g. a local administrator and a domain administrator.

Maybe you could set-up a local 'backup administrator' account, run the AISBackup there interactively (to set-up the registry values) and the try via MS Task scheduler.

Barry
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Leave the account logged in, as Administrator and using a blank password, did not work for me. One other thing that may or may not be relevant was that I was remotely logged in via Terminal Services. I feel pretty certain Administrator was also logged in locally to the console. I don't know if that affects anything.

One odd thing is that I looked at the Sessions tab, and there was a brief time where the scheduled job worked correctly. It had been set to run everyday at 4:00 AM. I later tried to move it to 1:00 AM and it was then that I noticed the problem. I don't know though, whether the scheduling broke before (and I just didn't notice it) or after I made that change.

In any case, switching to another user with admin privileges worked.