BArtPE and AISBackup

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
rkelly

BArtPE and AISBackup

Post by rkelly »

It may just be me, but can anyone cast any light on this....

Using AISBackup v 2.3.0.292 and BartPE 3.1.10a on XP PRo with SP2. I have downloaded the plugin and installed it. I have built a bootable CD and used it (on the same system to boot. It boots OK, however, when I try and run AISbackup in the PE environment nothing happens- as in the program is there, running it produces no errors and there is no GUI or output at all. I have tried both with and without the /bartpe command line flag and no difference. Both RAMDISK and RpcSS plugins are enabled and appear to be working(!)

It may be the same problem or another one, but my reading implied there should be two BartPE plugins - the AISBackup one and the AISsysrestore one - the latter one did not appear.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Richard.
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup and BartPE

Post by Barry »

We found this problem recently and it is because the help system within AISBackup changed and the required help dll is not part of BartPE, AISBackup has been changed locally to 'dynamically load' the help dll (actually an OCX file) which means AISBackup will then work on all versions of Windows which do not support HTML Help – however help will not work either. This update will be available soon, but adding HHCTRL.OCX to the BartPE AISBackup program folder.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

Build 293 of AISBackup version 2.3 has been uploaded, this should correct the problem with BartPE:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/build293/aisbi293.exe

(readers of this post please note: This message was posted on 6 October 2006 and build 293 may have been superseded – please check the download page)

Barry