Always need to select database on NAS drive

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
ComPro

Always need to select database on NAS drive

Post by ComPro »

Hi Barry,
maybe you do have an idea.

We want to store the backup files on NAS drive. It is shared to windows on simple drive s:\ and is accessable for the system without problems.

Our problem is that AIS Backup ask always to redifine the destination path.
need to select the file and everything is ok, every time.

Also selecting create new database solves the problem not at all.

Any idea?
Gruß
Heiko
Barry
Site Admin

Backup database?

Post by Barry »

Hi Hieko

Do you mean the backup database as defined in Tools / Program Settings and Options / File Locations / Database Location?

If yes is this parameter defined as S:\ or \\NAS\SHARE\ ?

I am not aware of any problem where the destination of the backup is a network share, unless perhaps AISBackup is storing the wrong username and password.

Please send the job files and AISBackup settings using the Help / Bug Report option so that we can see the problem here.

Barry
ComPro

Re: Backup database?

Post by ComPro »

Barry wrote:Hi Hieko

Do you mean the backup database as defined in Tools / Program Settings and Options / File Locations / Database Location?

If yes is this parameter defined as S:\ or \\NAS\SHARE\ ?
Yes, its store in s:\ but I can see the path as \\nas\backup\dfdf\... which is the correct.

I will send you the file in the next days...
Gruß
Heiko
Barry
Site Admin

NAS Database location

Post by Barry »

AISBackup was not designed to store the database on a network drive, however I manually set the database location in the registry to a network share and a few tests seem to work. I also understand that once you set-up the share AISBackup is working using a NAS based database. If the drive is not permanently mapped using Windows Explorer AISBackup automatically un-maps the drive, to overcome this problem the UNC name may be set manually (instead of selecting the NAS folder using S:)

Tools / Program Settings and Options / File Locations / Database Location

and type:

\\NAS\SHARE\DFDF

The share must not require a username or password, if it does we will have to update AISBackup.

Barry