Says "Backup Destination Full" but it isn't

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Newbietoo

Says "Backup Destination Full" but it isn't

Post by Newbietoo »

Hi,

I'm trying to backup to a network drive and am getting a "Backup Destination" full message...the drive in question is 250Gb of which 200Gb is free.

I have backed to the same location OK (3 Sessions) previously.

The name of the network drive has changed since the last backup as I had to re-map it, however once I'd located the previous backup, AIS commenced the backup until it came time to write to the drive, which is when I go the error

I did a test saving a file to the Backup folder to check there was nothing in windows stopping it and that worked fine

Thanks,
Patrick
Newbietoo
Barry
Site Admin

MAP Network Drive

Post by Barry »

Did you give the new network share write / full access? I guess you did as the test save worked, unless this was not over the same share.

Did you re-map the drive with the same share name? While testing this I realise that it is not too easy to change share names to access the same backup data. However, what does work is to remove the job from the list of backup jobs and the use the tools / open job from backup media option to reinstate the job - the share name is then automatically updated. If you then run the job without file update access you get an appropriate message - so I guess I need step by step instructions so I can duplicate the error you are getting. Are you are using version 2.3 (290) for this job?

Barry