FTP Stalls

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
sexy-trousers

FTP Stalls

Post by sexy-trousers »

♠AISBackup Ver 2.2.0.271
Windows Server 2003 SP1

I have a backup job that backups up a local Win2k3 server to a remote FTP site. The backup runs fine, but during ftp uploads it stalls all the time until the timeout ends, then it uploads each backup file/chunk fine. I know there isn't a problem with the ftp server itself as I can ftp manually just fine. Any ideas? As it waits for 30-60 seconds for each backup file, the backup taks forever, is there any debug log I can use to diag this issue or a way of setting the timeout value to a differed (shorter) timeout?

Also, can you tell me what the "FTP Alive" number that counts up during a backup/upload refers to? And "FTP Possible Stall 31 of 30"? Is there a way to throttle the speed in which the FTP trasfer takes place?

Thanks, TJ
Barry
Site Admin

FTP updates available in pre-release 2.3

Post by Barry »

A number of FTP issues have been fixed in build 2.3 (290) (pre-release) which is available from:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/aisbackup_beta.htm

This build also features an FTP throttle.

FTP alive is incremented once per second when AISBackup is actually transferring data. FTP Possible Stall is incremented when data should be flowing but is not.

Barry
sexy-trousers

Post by sexy-trousers »

Sre there any other FTP based options planned or implemented? e.g. logging more detailed ftp errors in the log indicating stalls/ftp delays or errors, retry/timeout options etc.

And thanks for the beta update.

TJ