Wrong destination when copying a job

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
IanA

Wrong destination when copying a job

Post by IanA »

When creating a new job and it is based on an existing job, I was expecting to be prompted with the same destination (e.g. hard drive or CD) as the job it is based on but instead it uses some other default.

Cheers

Ian
IanA

On the same subject...

Post by IanA »

When "copying" a job I keep getting caught out - I forget that it doesn't copy the notes from the original job and that I have to do it manually. Luckily I have never got to the stage where I have deleted an unwanted old job before manually copying the notes, but since I have been known to write several pages of detailed notes, there would be tears :cry:

At the very least, it would be good to have a reminder to copy the notes if required. But ideally it would say... "Do you want to copy the following notes..." and show them.

I can see that notes could easily be unique to every job but I use them to describe the purpose of the job, the expected uses, the pitfalls etc. - and those are likely to be the same for a new job based on an original job.

What do you think?

Cheers

Ian
Barry
Site Admin

Notes

Post by Barry »

I think we should copy them as they are easier to change than recreate if lost, however the database folder containing the original note should be on a backup somewhere ;-)

Barry