How to Select 2nd Optical Writer

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
lwfinger

How to Select 2nd Optical Writer

Post by lwfinger »

On my computer, I have 2 devices that write optical media. Drive E is a CD-RW and drive F is a DVD writer. For several reasons, I prefer to keep the drive ordering. My problem is that when I select the packet-writing interface (I use Roxio Drag-to-Disc), the backup program always selects drive E, and I have not found a way to force it to go to drive F. At first, I thought that "Changing Backup Destination" would work, but no go. I found the same behavior on V2.1 and V2.3 Beta. My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2.

How do I select drive F?
Barry
Site Admin

More than one disc writer

Post by Barry »

There should be a drop-down combobox present on the load media form from where you select the drive, is it there?

If not try selecting an ASPI driver where both drives are detected using the Tools / Program Settings and Options / Troubleshoot CD/DVD writer faults option.

I have not checked this with Roxio Drag-to-Disc but works okay with INCD. If you still have a problem I'll test with drag-to-disc.

Barry
lwfinger

Post by lwfinger »

Going through "Tools / Program Settings and Options" menu selections brought me to the "Select default backup device" combobox. Once I selected drive F in that box, all was OK.

Thanks for your help.

Larry
Barry
Site Admin

Selecting disc device

Post by Barry »

You should still be able to select the device from the load media form, in fact if the disc is not loaded but has been previously used it should not matter which drive the disk is loaded in - AISBackup should pick it up and continue.

Barry
lwfinger

Post by lwfinger »

No combobox on the Load Media form. I cannot check if it will find the right disk as I did my backup to a hard drive and copied it to DVD from there.

Larry