Shortcuts not working in latest version

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
IanA

Shortcuts not working in latest version

Post by IanA »

Hi Barry

Just upgraded from version 264 (beta) to 271.

I have several shortcuts on my desktop for some quick backup jobs.

Today I noticed that they appeared to have speeded up considerably but on closer inspection they are not actually working. They are all set to "display message on error" but nothing is reported so presume they think there's nothing to backup and therefore no problem to report.

Created a new shortcut using version 271 but still doesn't work so reverted to version 264 and they all work just fine.

To be absolutely sure, I've re-installed 271 and they fail again - so I'm sticking with 264 even though it's a beta version!

Cheers

Ian
Barry
Site Admin

Shortcut not running

Post by Barry »

This is caused by a Sunday (and possibly Monday) bug which was never noticed before. The jobs will run an all days except Sunday.

The work-around is to put 7 Y's after the | paramer, e.g.

MyBackupJob|YYYYYYYMZ

The offset to the days the job should run was not calculated correctly, this should have been the seven characters starting with Y or N.

Barry
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

I came into my office today (Tuesday), switched on my PC, but the backups didn't run today either. I then installed build 272 which I was asked to test, rebooted my computer and to quote an old cliche, "Hey Presto". Good work Barry.
Regards

Brian E