"Previous Schedule Missed" Problem-need help!

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Lith

"Previous Schedule Missed" Problem-need help!

Post by Lith »

Hi,
I'm using AIS vers:2.2.271
XP Home vers:5.1.2600 plus Service Pack 2

I am trying to get AIS to auto run using MS Task schedular to back up my local drive to a second installed hard drive.
Backup to: Local drive.
Destination: E:\backup\New March 172006.zip
I have run this backup manually with no problem but it refuses to run in auto.
I have checked AIS logs and they show AIS staring at various times each day eg. Sunday 19/03 Start 3:16:51 PM Stop 3:17:31Pm
Monday 20/03 Start 7:45:49PM Stop 7:50:02Pm
These times are not as per start setting of 9:00PM each day. I have also checked Task Schedular log and it shows "Started at" and "ended at" times the same as times above.
The only successful listing in both logs is when I have manually run backups.
I have "run only if logged on"box ticked in MS schedular, if I take this off I then need to set a password which I have read that I don't need to do, or is this the problem?
Also I have taken all my saver settings off, hard disks off, monitor off, sleep mode off and any others I can think of other than screen saver but nothing seems to help.

Any help will be greatfully accepted.

Cheers Lith
Barry
Site Admin

Auto-run

Post by Barry »

Please attach the auto-run icon to an e-mail (from MS Task Scheduler) we may be able to determine why the job is not running. One common cause if the job is only set to run once per day, this can be identified by the 'O' run time parameter.

Barry
Lith

Post by Lith »

Thanks Barry,

I have sent email with info.

And ...yes there are start and stop times with and without the Exit code (o)

Cheers Lith
Barry
Site Admin

Auto run not working

Post by Barry »

I too could not get your auto-run to work, so I deleted it and set-up the schedule job again using Manage Backup / Auto Run This Backup Job.

Did you set-up the job manually? The reason I ask is because AISBackup sets jobs up as weekly every day rather than daily, this makes it easier for us to exclude some days if required.

Barry
Lith

Post by Lith »

Hi Barry,

Yes...I have set the job up in MS Manager to run each day.

I have now set up a new job to run each day at 11:59AM and will email all logs to you if and when it runs. I have also copied down all of the steps to set up from start to finish if this will help.

Cheers Lith.
IanA

Auto-Run failure

Post by IanA »

Hi Lith

Just reported what might be a related auto-run problem which may interest you. See full posting for details.

IanA
Lith

Post by Lith »

Hi IanA and Barry,

It looks like IanA and I have the same problem, I'm also using ver. 271.
After setting up on Saturday it backed up as good as gold but missed Sunday all together.

Monday the MS scheduler started at 11:59:11 and ended 11:59:16 and ended with a (0) code. and no backup.

Barry I have sent the reports as well.

Cheers Lith
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup missing days

Post by Barry »

Yes, you are both correct there is a problem with parsing the days AISBackup runs on if no day is excluded. The work-around is to manually put 7 Y's in the parameter list immediately after the |, so in Brian's case where the parameters are |CF manually change this to |YYYYYYYCF (right click shortcut or task and choose properties), in scheduled jobs you may also choose just one day of the week where the backup can be set not to run.

The fix will be available soon.

Barry
Lith

Post by Lith »

Hi Barry,

Set up scheduler as you said and it has worked correctly two days in a row.

Looks like it's ok now, I will leave it as it is until the next upgrade.

Cheers, and thanks for the help.

Lith