Rookie CD questions

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Ron Mills

Rookie CD questions

Post by Ron Mills »

Hi, love your product and have registered and bought it. My questions are related to CD backups. (I also us it to backup my home PC's to network drives)
1. I have been using AISbackup with a 3rd party packet writing SW to backup some files onto a preinitiaized packet CD-RW CD and this works great.(although on 1.6.1(150) it couldn't find my SW so I filled in the .exe name I found in the CEQUADRANT SW folder. (udfform.exe) and this seemed to work. Is this the correct name to use?
2. Question 2. If I use AIS's backup to CD onto a CD-R CD can the CD only be used once?
3. If I use AIS's backup to CD onto a CD-RW CD (not formated for packet writing) can it be reused and if so how is it reinitialized?
Ron
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

Hi Ron

Q1: We ask for the name of the packet writing system so that we can give messages such as ‘Please load a CD that has been formatted for <Packet Writing System Name>’, i.e. this is just for documentation. Unfortunately we did not detect PacketCD correctly, a new version of AISBackup with this corrected will be uploaded soon.

Q2: If you backup to CD-R using AISBackup CD Writer or a third party CD authoring package which supports multiple sessions and your CD Writer properly supports multiple CD Sessions then the CD can be re-used. The AISBackup CD Writer does this automatically and here is an example using Easy CD Creator: http://www.aiscl.co.uk/OwnCDMP.htm#imp The important thing to remember is to import the previous session and replace the files with duplicate filenames.

Q3: The AISBackup load media form has an Erase button on it for erasing CDs.

Barry