Backup job where all zip files have .bdb extensions

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
IanA

Backup job where all zip files have .bdb extensions

Post by IanA »

I have an disc based job which has been going since April '04.

It's set to keep 5 generations and to prune unwanted files.

I've just noticed that all the .zip files have the extension .bdb and after trying to recover an old file it all seems to be working okay!

What's caused this? - Is it something obvious? - And do I need to do anything about it?

Cheers

Ian

ps all my other backup jobs still have .zip extensions.
Barry
Site Admin

Backup file extension

Post by Barry »

Hi

The backup filename extension defaults to Tools / Program Settings and Options / Advanced / Default Backup File Extension, this is zip by default. The backup file extension can also be manually changed when the job is created. BDB is used for the backup contents file (a list of files that have been backed up), but there should not be an internal conflict if this is used as a ‘zip file’ file extension.

I cannot think what may have caused the bdb extension to be set by accident (or bug) and I have never seen this before. You have used some pre-beta versions in the past while helping us fix a few problems, perhaps one of these was not working correctly; I know the ‘Quick Job’ has had a few overhauls over the last year to 18 months.

Barry
IanA

Post by IanA »

Barry

The date this job started does tie in with one of the earlier beta releases so it's probably no longer an issue.

Thanks

Ian