Help for a newcomer

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Martin

Help for a newcomer

Post by Martin »

I am about half-way through my 30 day trial and need help. My business partner just says keep on backing up to 3.5" floppies but I have about 80 already and the number keeps rising every week!

I have version 1.6.1.148 with Windows ME and a
Samsung CD-R/RW SW-208B BT02 drive.

I can create a script: I can backup the script but when I come to write the backup to disk the problem starts. The procedure starts OK and then after a few seconds the disk is ejected and the error message reads "Failed to create CD: backup 01". Retry produces the same result. If I try to erase the disk the error message " Failed to erase, try lower speed" appears. The lower speed is a silly because 2x has been chosen automatically, which is the lowest speed!

In the Job Summary a message, " SESSEND Backup aborted: time and date" appears

I am using CD R/W disk with 1 x to 10 x compatibility.

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong?
Barry
Site Admin

CD Writer Failing

Post by Barry »

Hi Martin

Are you able to create CD’s using the CD Mastering software that came with the CD Writer?

There is an option in AISBackup that enables you to create the backup CD’s using a third party CD Mastering software. To switch between the AISBackup CD Writer and a third party CD Writer use the menu option Manage Backup / Edit Script Parameters. Check the option Use own CD Writer (When this is checked it means use a third party CD Mastering program).

AISBackup will pause after backing up each CD’s worth of data and wait for you to create the CD. When you resume AISBackup the test backup phase is run. See http://www.aiscl.co.uk/OwnCDMP.htm

Here are some reasons why the CD Writer may not be working:
  • DMA mode may be set on the CD Writer, remove this. If you are running Windows 2000 or Windows XP this non-DMA mode is called PIO mode. See http://www.aiscl.co.uk/How_to_RemoveDMAXP.htm

We have found that older CD Writers do not always like modern 1x to 10x CD-RW’s, if this is applicable try using an older CD-RW or a CD-R.

There may be a Firmware upgrade available for the Samsung SW-208B.
The 'use lower speed' message when you are already using the lowest speed is silly and should be changed.

Regards

Barry