Pre job feature behaving erratically

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
DnlPbl

Pre job feature behaving erratically

Post by DnlPbl »

This issue involves two jobs:

1) The "main" job which is a scheduled synch to a usb hard drive destination.
2) The "assembly" job which gathers data to the source and must run before the main job.

I've attempted to accomplish this by using the pre job feature, but for some unknown reason the assembly job always ran AFTER the main job.
I did NOT mistakenly put the assembly job info in the post job criteria.

This is how the assembly pre job criteria is listed:

After Backup job: Run this program:
"C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe"

Working Directory:
"C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\"

Parameters:
"Assemble To Data|CF"

The only checked item is "Run when job is run from task scheduler or via shortcut" and that should be correct since that's how the job is run.

In an attempt to solve this, I removed all pre job criteria, saved, went back in, re-entered the pre job criteria the same way as before and now...
the main job does not spawn the assembly job at all, never mind the wrong order.

I'm using version 2.1.0.250

Any help is greatly appreciated
Barry
Site Admin

Auto run job order

Post by Barry »

There is nothing wrong with the way you are using the pre-job function, but the designed behaviour of AISBackup is causing the problem:

AISBackup can only run one copy at a time on a PC, this used to cause some users problems as scheduled jobs were been executed during a backup, and would therefore not actually run. To overcome this problem AISBackup queues the additional jobs, which then run after the current jobs have completed. This is what is happening with your job, Job Main is attempting to run another instance of AISBackup to run Assemble, which cannot run because AISBackup is already running, so Assemble is queued after Main.

However, AISBackup can be set to run more than one job in sequence, this will enable Assemble to be run before Main, to do this use the Tools / Auto Running AISBackup option and add the Assemble job to the queue before the Main job.

Barry
DnlPbl

Post by DnlPbl »

Worked like a charm - thanx.