Backup only files created after a certain date...

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Nancy

Backup only files created after a certain date...

Post by Nancy »

Hello,

I haven't downloaded the program yet because I want to be sure that it can do what I need.

I need to only back up files that were created after a specified date (eg. August 20). I am not referring to an incremental backup... The first backup needs to consist of only the files created after the specified date.

Is this possible? I have searched through the manual and online guide and can't find anything about this. If it is possible, can somebody please let me know the webpage or PDF page number where this is documented?

Thanking you kindly,
Nancy
Barry
Site Admin

Files modified since a specified date

Post by Barry »

Hi

This is possible with AISBackup, the following quote is from this web-page:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/NewScript2.htm
Files Modified within Days or Since Date: The Default value All causes AISBackup to consider all files selected for backup when calculating which files should be backed up. To restrict the files to those modified within the last 7 days then enter the value 7, to restrict the files modified since a date enter a date in the PC's short date format. The value Ask causes AISBackup to ask for the number of days since files were last modified at run time. The Ask option is not suitable for non-interactive Auto-Running. Possible values are: All (Suitable for the majority of backup jobs), Ask, a Date or a number in the range 1 to 999.
Barry