Program stops responding

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
mwoplock

Program stops responding

Post by mwoplock »

I have been using AIS Backup for a few months now and all was working well. we use FTP to create backups from 2 sites to a third site. The backup location is using ReidentFTP as the ftp server. Recently the FTP server was down for a few weeks before I could get there to fix the problem. Since we started the backups running, again AIS Backup will not complete, but just stops.

Selecting abort or exit get the pop up window telling you the action will happen at the next opportunity, but nothing happens. The only way out is to kill the task.

At the time it happens only the tools and help menus are active. If you select something like restore backup, then cancel out, all of the menu items become active. You still can not exit the program. Selecting 'Exit' the first time causes a pop-up window to appear asking if you want to abort the upload. If you select yes, 'closing down' appears on the status line. If you select 'exit' again, your mouse jumps to the center of the log window and nothing happens. If you say run backup, the first message to the log is "disconnecting from the FTP server' and the backup restarts.

At first it looked like something was out of sync. The staus line would say '20 of 14'. In the log window it would say 'pruning' or replacing. In fact, it appears like the backup is done, but it starts again. Watching the FTP Server log, it doesn't appear as if the FTP server receives any command.

I updated to the latest version of the executable with out any change in the symptoms.

I then did a 'reset backup'. It now goes past the point where the status bar shows xxx of yyy. IT looks like the backup competed (i.e., the status messages are all in the log window, the registry was backedup). But it starts to 'replace' some files then hangs.

I have some screen shots, and could create a PDF of the log file, but I don't see a way to add attachments in the forum.

The only other thing I can add is during the backup process I do see some messages saying there was no response from the FTP server, and AIS Backup 'resets'.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Mike
Mike
Appropriate Systems, LLC
mwoplock

An update

Post by mwoplock »

I now have 3 sites (going to different FTP Servers) all with the same problem. Both 2.0 and 2.1
Mike
Appropriate Systems, LLC
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Backup Problem

Post by Barry »

Please e-mail the screen shots and job files using the Help / Bug Report function.

If there are not too many files please try running one of the backups with a log all messages, via Manage Backup / Edit Backup Job Parameters.

I guess that these backup jobs used to work until recently, has anything changed over the network? Which FTP server are you using?

What is the destination FTP and is it possible for you to try another destination as a test?

Barry
mwoplock

Post by mwoplock »

Please e-mail the screen shots and job files using the Help / Bug Report function.
I looked when I sent the last one and didn't see a way to attach them, I will look again
If there are not too many files please try running one of the backups with a log all messages, via Manage Backup / Edit Backup Job Parameters. [\quote]

2 problems with this. 1) since it dosn't finish, I don't get a log to the screen. 2) I only receive emails intermittantly because my ISP needs a configuraion you don't support.
I guess that these backup jobs used to work until recently, has anything changed over the network? [\Quote]

Some did. However, I installed a new backup and it started right from the start
Which FTP server are you using? [\quote]

RaidenFTP.
Mike
Appropriate Systems, LLC