Can't use loaded CD

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
ppp

Can't use loaded CD

Post by ppp »

I trying out AISBackup and it seems to be a fine application, but I can't do incremental backups on separate media.

I managed to do a full backup onto two CD-RWs, and now I'd like to backup incrementally onto a third CD-RW (doing incrementals onto the same media looks like a foolish risk to me - in fact, I don't even plan to keep the full backups at home). This goes wrong at the point where AISBackup asks me to Load Backup Media: It asks for the last disk of the full backup, I have a freshly formatted UDF CD in the drive, and press Use Loaded CD, and it just comes back with the same dialog. No error message in the dialog or in the log. What is going on?

I've tried pressing the other buttons on the dialog; they don't help. I'm using PacketCD 3.00.185 with a PlexWriter 8/4/32A (W8432T) on Windows 98SE. The CD is good; I can copy onto it in the Explorer.

Oh, AISBackup didn't recognize PacketCD in Tools\Program Options, I had to tell it.
Pekka P. Pirinen
Barry
Site Admin

Use Loaded CD - not working

Post by Barry »

Unfortunately the ‘Use Loaded CD’ button does not work as it is supposed to. This has been fixed and uploaded as AISBackup.zip. This file only contains AISBackup.exe and is not a full install. Please replace the existing copy of C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBackup.exe with the program in the zip file.

www.aiscl.co.uk/aisbackup/aisbackup.zip

A proper install program will be created later this week.

Barry