Restoring a backup when disc crashes

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
raycyn

Restoring a backup when disc crashes

Post by raycyn »

I have a new hard drive (the old one crashed 2 days ago). I have several AISBackup files on an external hard drive and would like to recover them. However I have no working copy of AISBackup on my new machine. I was using build 249 at the time of the crash.

Can I download a copy from the web site and use that to recover my files on the external hard drive? I do not know my registration number as it is (was) on the crashed drive.

If I download a copy of the program will it be able to recognize the appropriate files on the external drives? I am able to see the zipped files on the external drive with Explorer.

Thank you for your help,

Ramil Wright
Ray Wright
Barry
Site Admin

Restoring after a crash

Post by Barry »

The trial version of AISBackup is fully functional and works for 30 days. This can be used to restore previous copied of Windows, along with the registered version of AISBackup if it is on the backup. We introduced the key file so that as long as you have a backup of the AISBackup program folder then the registration details can easily be restored, these are in the file called aisbackup.aik.

In any event we will send registered users a replacement key file (yours is ‘in the post’)

Following a disaster recovery restore AISBackup will not always know about existing backups, the method of putting things right depends on whether AISBackup knows about the backup, but the local backup contents file is out-of date, or AISBackup knows nothing about the backup.

If AISBackup knows about the backup then use the Manage Backup / Import Backup Contents File option.

If AISBackup does not know about the backup use the Tools / Open Job From Backup Media option and choose Re-instate when asked.

Barry