Copying files

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Brian E

Copying files

Post by Brian E »

I have a mass-storage device (Sat Nav) that occasionally needs certain files updating from the Internet. I have a program called Timely Web to check for the Internet updates and to download them automatically. I thought I could create an AIS backup job to transfer the downloaded files to my device, but I don't think I can as AIS Backup always creates the files in the target directory as zip files (unless I have missed something). Would it be possible to have an option to save the selected files "as is", rather than enclosed in a zip file?
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Disk to Disk copy option

Post by Barry »

For one off disk to disk copies use the Tools / Disk to Disk Copy option, for permanent 'copy' jobs use the New Job / Next / Disk to Disk Copy option.

Like all other jobs AISBackup only copies differences, and optionally removes files from the destination that no longer exist on the source drive.

Copy jobs may close down running programs and services that prevent some files been copied, they may also be scheduled (or run via a shortcut).

This option may also be used to clone the running operating system if you are, for example, upgrading the PC's hard drive.

Barry
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

Hi Barry

I've given it a try, but unfortunately it also copies the folders of the existing file location to the destination. I need to be able to copy certain files to a destination folder of my choice, otherwise it won't work.
Regards

Brian E