Running mutiple jobs

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Newbietoo

Running mutiple jobs

Post by Newbietoo »

Hi,

I'd like to run multiple jobs one after the other on demand i.e. not scheduled to run at a certain time.

I tried setting them up using "Autorun AIS backup" (unchecking all date boxes) and created a Desktop icon. When I click the icon, there's a momentary message that suggests AIS is starting up, but in fact nothing happens

Is there a way to set up two jobs or more to run in sequence and on demand?

Thanks,
Patrick
Newbietoo
Barry
Site Admin

Auto running more than one job

Post by Barry »

I am pretty sure the problem is because you unchecked each day, these should all be checked unless AISBackup should not run on the de-selected days.

Selecting the days that AISBackup should run is of more use when selecting the ‘Run at start-up’ option, as is the ‘Run Once Per day’ option.

Here are parameters for a selection of 3 jobs on one of our PC’s.

Code: Select all

"K:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup236\AISBACKUP.exe" Auto|MZ "FW01 ME C|MZ" "XP Home SP2|MZ"
Thank you for the review on C-Net :D

Barry
Newbietoo

Post by Newbietoo »

Thanks Barry,

That worked a treat and is obvious (now I know!), however it is a bit counter-intuitive. Perhaps a comment in the Help File in that Section to the effect:

"Run On, select which days of the week the job should run on (NOTE: even if you do not intend to use scheduling e.g. to Auto Run a series of Jobs on demand, you must still nominate the appropriate day(s))"

As for the Review; you are welcome. I meant what I said...please feel free to use it anyway you see fit e.g. as testimonial; if you need it re-worded a bit for that, let me know.

Thanks,
Patrick
Newbietoo