Backup OK 6 days, now selects zero files

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
k64

Backup OK 6 days, now selects zero files

Post by k64 »

I'm sure this is just me misunderstanding something, or maybe in trying to evaluate everything before buying I've fiddled with something I shouldn't!

I had a backup of most of my Documents and Settings which was running just fine for a few days. Then, because I'm evaluating AISbackup I archived it and then reloaded it (having done this the spaces in the name disappeared).

The backup did'nt run for a couple of days - perhaps I should have checked the name in MS Task sooner - but I ran it OK manually yesterday. Today I've tried running it several times, and tried the Preview Files option too, but no file is ever selected to be backed up.

Looking at the Sessions, I have:
1 - 22 Mar - Weekly
2 - 23 Mar - Daily
3 - 24 Mar - Weekly
4 - 25 Mar - Daily
5 - 26 Mar - Daily
6 - 29 Mar - Daily
and today - 30 Mar - it doesn't run

On 23 Mar I changed the default retention to:
Each Day:1, Daily:6, Weekly:1 Monthly: None, Dated: None
Thursday is my Weekly Backup day

As I mentioned before, I'm pretty certain I've fiddled with too much but I have two questions:
1/ Where exactly did I go wrong? (so I understand why not to do it again)
2/ How can I get this backup working again? (or must I abandon it and start again?)

AISbackup ver 2.0.0.238 and Win XP Pro SP2
Destination media is the hard drive E:\folder1\folder2\ which is on the same physical drive as C:\
Many regards

Keith
Barry
Site Admin

Make Archive a Backup problem

Post by Barry »

You did nothing wrong, you have found a problem with the Make Archive a Backup option.

Here is a work-around:

Choose Tools / Open Job From Backup Media

Locate the backup .bdb file (backup destination) and choose re-instate when asked.

The job will be re-instated complete with spaces in the job name.

The reason the auto-run did not work was because the job name changed, i.e. the spaces were removed.

We will get the Make Archive a Backup option fixed in the next release of AISBackup.

Barry
k64

Make archive a backup problem

Post by k64 »

That's great, thanks!
Many regards

Keith