ZIPDLL.DLL errror messages

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
jlittle

ZIPDLL.DLL errror messages

Post by jlittle »

Hi, Barry. I was doing a backup to CD using 1.0.5.139, and while it was in the backup phase, there were several error messages that appeared in the log window. I can't tell you the exact message, because when the update finished and I looked at the log, they weren't there. But they were something like "error in ZIPDLL.DLL abort extension." There were a couple of them appearing singly amidst the "backing up file so-and-so" messages, then a couple minutes later, about 10 of them one after the other. About a minute or so before they started, I moved the AISBackup window to a new position on my screen, but I wouldn't think that would cause a problem.

I validated afterwards, and everything validated ok. Does this mean anything to you?
jlittle

ZIPDLL.DLL error messages

Post by jlittle »

I did another backup to CD today, and I got the error messages again, immediately, then the backup proceeded as if nothing were wrong. The message says " Fatal error in ZIPDLL.DLL: abort exception." It rolled a few of those, and then the backup seemed to go fine. I considered re-installing AISBackup, but if ZIPDLL.DLL had a problem, would the rest of the backup go okay?
Also, I backed up the same data files to my second physical hard drive, and didn't take any of those error messages.
John
Barry
Site Admin

Fatal Zip Error

Post by Barry »

Hi John

First I can confirm that AISbackup version 1.6 does backup the Fatal Zip error files, but we have a better solution in hand.

We just found out why this very rare problem is happening in the continent of America and not here in the UK (The problem has not been reported by people from the East of the UK either).

Here is how a fatal error can be caused (NTFS disk):

A file date is set (probably incorrectly) to 27 October 2045 06:00 GMT, this was done on a PC set to GMT time zone. The PC is then set to GMT-06:00 (Central Time (US & Canada)) and the backup re-run, the Fatal Error occurs.

We will upload a maintenace release of AISBackup that will include an updated version of zipdll.dll which fixes this problem.

Meanwhile an updated zipdll.dll can be downloaded from:

www.aiscl.co.uk/zip/zipdll170.zip

Replace zipdll.dll in .....\AISBackup\Dlls\ with the one contained in the above file.

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

Fatal Zip Error

Post by Barry »

Hi John

I have uploaded a version of AISBackup that fixes the 'Fatal Error' in zipdll.dll.

pre-release:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/Build146/aisbi146.exe

Regards

Barry