Auto-Shutdown Procedure for AISBackup

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
demitch256

Auto-Shutdown Procedure for AISBackup

Post by demitch256 »

Hi...Does any one know of any way that you can configure AISbackup to automatically shut down after the completion of a unattended backup?

DaveM
Barry
Site Admin

Closing down the PC after an auto-run job completes.

Post by Barry »

Hi

AISCloseWindows may be used to closedown Windows via the post-run job facility. There is an example on the download page, see below.

A delay may be added so that the close down may be aborted if the PC is attended. A ‘closedown time window’ may also be specified, so if the job is running out-side of the specified window it will not be closed down.

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/downloadCloseWin.htm

Please let us know if this is okay.

Barry
demitch256

Post by demitch256 »

Thanks Barry...I'll give this a shot and let you know how it works out.

DaveM
demitch256

Question about AISCloseWindows

Post by demitch256 »

Hi Barry... I just have one question about AISCloseWindows. I noticed right away in the download page that you sent me, that it appears that this program will run ONLY under the condition that it is used in conjunction with a scheduled backup, right?...How about a non-scheduled job? Can I start a job in realtime and still use this feature?..let's say for instance, I start a backup right before I leave to go to work, or something, will it still shut down upon completion of the backup?

DaveM
Barry
Site Admin

Post run jobs: AISCloseWindows

Post by Barry »

Post run jobs may be set to run when AISBackup is auto running via the task scheduler or shortcut and when the job is been run via the main interactive interface.

This is probably where the time window parameter of AISCloseWindows will come in handy: If you choose to call AISCloseWindows after running the job interactively you will not want the PC to close down during the day.

Barry
demitch256

Post by demitch256 »

Just one more question?...how do you edit the run time parameter? It is currently set at 30 18 5.

DaveM
Barry
Site Admin

AISCloseWindows Parameters

Post by Barry »

This web-page should help:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/ClosePC.htm

BTW: The default is to always close windows. The program displays an example of how to use the run time parameters if no parameter is present.

Barry