RE-TRY: to check the CD again?

Post by calocaloo »

Hi,
When I backup, occurs the following:
After burn the CD, appears this screen:
"AISBackup
CD DWKD + INS12 does not appear to have been created correctly, choose:
RE-TRY: to check the CD again.
(You may re-create the CD before choosing re-try)
Abort: to abort the backup.
Re-try Abort"
I choose Re-try, the CD burner reloads the CD, and once more appears the screen.
Twice or three times I do the same, and nothing appens.
So, I choose Abort, and, naturally, the backup aborts.
Please help me.
Thank you very much.
Carlos Guerstein
:cry: :cry: :cry:
carlos-g@zahav.net.il
calocaloo
Barry
Site Admin

Sometimes CD cannot be read immediately after it is created

Post by Barry »

Have you upgraded to version 2.0? There are issues with XP SP2 and the default (and AISBackup integrated) ASPI driver. Version 2.0 of AISBackup will switch the ASPI layer to BinaryMagics ASPI. Also version 2.0 can often recover from this problem by offering the option to restart the backup.

Can the CD be read after AISBackup is closed down? In other words, after the failure and AISBackup is closed does the CD look okay?

Barry
Barry
Site Admin

Import CD Backup Contents File

Post by Barry »

I forgot to mention that if the CD is okay after restarting AISBackup you may use the Manage Backup / Import Backup Contents File to reinstate the CD. If you want to test the CD use the Manage Backup / Validate (Test) Backup option.

Barry
calocaloo

Re-try?

Post by calocaloo »

Hi Barry,
This problem occurs when I upgrade to version 2.0
Actually, I come back to version 1.9 and there are no problems (at least one year I use AISBackup 1.9 and it's all right).
So, I think I will continue using version 1.9.
The question is: what give me version 2.0 that there is not in version 1.9?
Besides, how can I solve the problem with version 2.0?
To your question: if the CD seems to be OK, the answer is "yes", BUT: I can not make the backup until the end, because the "Abort".
Thank you for your response.
calocaloo
calocaloo
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

I have started getting this problem again on my office PC (running Windows 2000). At first I thought it was just a damaged CD, but a new disc gave me the same problems. I managed to execute the backup eventually, after much trial and error, but this problem is a pain because it always seems to strike when I have the least amount of time to spare. I hope it can be sorted soon.
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

CD writer problems - workaround

Post by Barry »

We have found that using the BinaryMagics ASPI driver version 1.0.0.0 which is ships with AISBackup 2.0 may work better.

Closing down and restarting AISBackup usually fixes the problem i.e. the disc has been created okay but cannot be read until AISBackup is restarted – this is a pain which only shows up on our systems if more than one CD/DVD drive is in the PC, and then only under Windows XP SP2. We are looking into two options, both of which will take some time to test:

1/ Set-up AISBackup so that it can interface with a copy of the Disc Writer ‘externally’ – this is been tested now.

2/ If that does not work: AISBackup restarts itself and continues as normal.

These options are clumsy solutions and should be used as a last resort, try the BinaryMagics ASPI first, see Tools / Options / Troubleshooting CD/DVD faults.

Of course, it is also possible that the CD did not get created correctly.

Barry
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

Hi Barry

The system I have here is Windows 2000. The PC only has one CD drive. Does that provide any more clues?
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Clues?

Post by Barry »

Which ASPI driver are you using with AISBackup? Which Service pack for Windows 2000?

As I mentioned in an earlier post the BinaryMagics ASPI driver works here, Help / About shows which ASPI driver is been used. The bug report option from version 2.0 provides us with the information we require.

Carlos: You mention the Re-try / Abort option but not the Re-try / Create / Cancel option. I think your setting is to use a third party disc writer and not the integrated disk writer, please update the options as follows:

1/ Manage Backup / edit Backup Job Parameters

2/ Un-check the Use Third Party CD Writer option.

For us to be sure how your job is set-up please send us the job files via the Help / bug report option.

Barry
calocaloo

Re-Try?

Post by calocaloo »

I will try, thank you Barry
calocaloo
calocaloo

Post by calocaloo »

Barry: your statement:
"We have found that using the BinaryMagics ASPI driver version 1.0.0.0 which is ships with AISBackup 2.0 may work better. ", I have no ASPI driver in te setup directory (there is just "aisbi192.exe").
Besides, in "Help/About" there is no information about ASPI driver.
Can you please send to me this file?
E-Mail: carlos-g@zahav.net.il
May this driver help me with the trouble with AISBackup v2.0?
Thank you very much,
Carlos
calocaloo
Barry
Site Admin

ASPI

Post by Barry »

The different ASPI drivers came with version 2.0, you are using version 1.9.

Barry
Brian E

Re: Clues?

Post by Brian E »

Barry wrote:Which ASPI driver are you using with AISBackup? Which Service pack for Windows 2000?

As I mentioned in an earlier post the BinaryMagics ASPI driver works here, Help / About shows which ASPI driver is been used. The bug report option from version 2.0 provides us with the information we require.

Carlos: You mention the Re-try / Abort option but not the Re-try / Create / Cancel option. I think your setting is to use a third party disc writer and not the integrated disk writer, please update the options as follows:

1/ Manage Backup / edit Backup Job Parameters

2/ Un-check the Use Third Party CD Writer option.

For us to be sure how your job is set-up please send us the job files via the Help / bug report option.

Barry
Hi Barry

I have sent the bug report, etc.
Regards

Brian E
calocaloo

Re-try?

Post by calocaloo »

Hi Barry,
Your comment: "Un-check the Use Third Party CD Writer option"
was helped me.
Besides, I think the really important thing: inside "Troubleshoot CD/DVD
writer faults", I choose Binary Magic version 1.0.0.0, as you recommend.
Now, the version 2.0 works!
Thank you very much.
Regards
Carlos
:D :D :D
calocaloo
Barry
Site Admin

Disc writer problem

Post by Barry »

Carlos: Thank you for the feedback :D

Brian: We are working on a solution for the Windows 2000 problem, this is quite a major re-write and is likely to take a few weeks. We may have an interim solution which just skips the validate phase until AISBackup is restarted - this is a better solution than requiring a restart after creating each disc.

Barry
Brian E

Re: Disc writer problem

Post by Brian E »

Barry wrote:Carlos: Thank you for the feedback :D

Brian: We are working on a solution for the Windows 2000 problem, this is quite a major re-write and is likely to take a few weeks. We may have an interim solution which just skips the validate phase until AISBackup is restarted - this is a better solution than requiring a restart after creating each disc.

Barry
Thanks Barry.
Regards

Brian E