Shortcut Problem

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
rkelly

Shortcut Problem

Post by rkelly »

When I use AISBackup to create a desktop or startup shortcut, what is created will not run! The Shortcut created is:

"C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe" ""Full System Backup|MZ" O"

A quick check of the log file shows:

DT38395.7963055671 ERR Job: Full does not exist for auto run
DT38395.7963055671 ERR Job: System does not exist for auto run
DT38395.7963055671 ERR Job: Backup does not exist for auto run
DT38395.7963484259 START AISBackup started: 12 February 2005 19:06:44
DT38395.7963486111 SESSEND Full System Backup AISBackup Session Finished: 12 February 2005 19:06:44

The Shortcut created is:

"C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe" ""Full System Backup|MZ" O"

If I edit it as follows it does run:

"C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe" "Full System Backup|MZ" O

I guess the embedded quotes being generated upsets Windows XP (SP2) that I am running.

AISBackup 2.0.0.236 :cry:
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

I have tried this a few times but I cannot get it to go wrong. Are you using the Manage Backup / Create Shortcut For This Backup Job or the Tools / Auto Running AISBackup option?

If you used the Tools / Auto Running AISBackup option please send us the job files via the Help / Bug Report option and include the Summary Logs.

Barry
rkelly

Shortcut Problem

Post by rkelly »

Hi,
Using Manage Backup/Create Shortcut. Checking Desktop shortcut and Once per day option. Bug report sent as requested.
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

Hi

There is a bug in this area caused by the Once Per Day option. Generally Once per day need not be set when creating a desktop shortcut because, by its nature, the shortcut is run manually. However, the once per day option is probably of more use when running AISBackup when the PC is started because the PC may be re-booted many times in one day and you would only want to run the backup once.

To be honest we were supposed to remove the once per day checkbox from the desktop shortcut option and only leave it available via the Tools / Auto Running AISBackup option.

The work around is:

Do not use the Once Per Day option.
Create the shortcut via the Tools / Auto Running AISBackup option instead.
Manually correct our mistake (as you have already done, except the O should be moved after the | character):

C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe" "Full System Backup|OMZ"

The option will be fixed in the next release of AISBackup.

Barry