Scheduled tasks and passwords

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
Brian E

Scheduled tasks and passwords

Post by Brian E »

At work, they have a bit of an obsession with changing log-in passwords and after a recent change of my password I realised after a few days that that was why AIS Backup was no longer running my daily backups. Question: would it be possible to incorporate a warning into AIS Backup to reminder the user to change the password in the task manager if the log-in password has been changed?
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Scheduled job missed

Post by Barry »

There are a few reasons why scheduled jobs will not run, one of which is the password has changed.

The comment 'previous schedule missed' will be added to the job screen in the next release. If you see this message and you think the backup should have run (e.g. the PC was turned on at the time) the you may use the existing View / MS Task Scheduler Log option.

Barry
Brian E

Re: Scheduled job missed

Post by Brian E »

Barry wrote:There are a few reasons why scheduled jobs will not run, one of which is the password has changed.

The comment 'previous schedule missed' will be added to the job screen in the next release. If you see this message and you think the backup should have run (e.g. the PC was turned on at the time) the you may use the existing View / MS Task Scheduler Log option.

Barry
Thanks Barry, I look forward to seeing how it works.
Regards

Brian E
Barry
Site Admin

Scheduled Tasks

Post by Barry »

Hi Brian

An alternative way of setting up local backups via the task scheduler has been implemented in build 234 of AISBackup. The new AT option requires that a system administrator sets up the job. The AT option is not compatible with any job that accesses network drives.

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/downloadaisbackup.htm

Barry
Brian E

Post by Brian E »

Hi Barry

If I understand correctly what you say, then the AT option wouldn't work on my office PC as most of the files that I back up each morning are located on the Council's main server (although they back up all their files every night, I prefer to have a local backup of things I have created for my own convenience).
Regards

Brian E