add password retroactively?

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
kdmoyers

add password retroactively?

Post by kdmoyers »

I've stupidly create a big complex backup scheme with several different jobs, with no passwords. Now I need to add passwords.
Is there any recourse short of starting over?
Fearfully,
Kirby
You must be the change you wish to see in the world
Barry
Site Admin

Change Password

Post by Barry »

It should not be too difficult to implement a change password function, this may take a while to execute especially if the backup is on RW or RAM optical discs.

What do you think of the new session pruning update?

Barry
kdmoyers

Post by kdmoyers »

Barry,

1 - It would be super if you could implement a change/add password function. I'll watch for it in future versions. A favor: if it does not work out (which sometimes happens), please put a note somewhere to that effect, so I know to find another way.

2 - session pruning is super!!!! Though I have not actually implemented yet (only downloaded yesterday), it looks like it will easily handle all my needs, and more. If I run into any snags today, I'll post here.

3 - I'm slowly working on converts here in New York. It's difficult as most arcserve users have "drank the Cool-Aid" and just can't imagine anything else. There's a lot of that kind of thinking over here.

Thanks Barry!!!
-Kirby
Barry
Site Admin

Change & Remove password

Post by Barry »

From beta build 230 it is possible to change or remove the password on AISBackup's. The process must not be interrupted or the backup will become inaccessible.

Barry
kdmoyers

Post by kdmoyers »

I'm on it!
Thanks Barry!!!
-Kirby
kdmoyers

Post by kdmoyers »

Barry,

I had a bit of trouble with the new password feature, I think relating to the fact that it was a FTP backup with "delete local files". The function failed right away when it could not find the first zip file.

I tried to copy all the files back down to the local directory, then retry the operation. It started and ran for a long time, but still reported that the backup had no password.

I ultimately had to "reset" the backup. password feature worked fine then.

I'm now going to try it on a backup that has the files stored locally...

-Kirby