How to restore FTP backup from DVD?

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
cyclone

How to restore FTP backup from DVD?

Post by cyclone »

Hi,

I've done an FTP backup over my home network, because you apparently can't Windows-share a DVD drive using a packet writer. Once the backup was done I took all the files in the FTP directory and copied them to a DVD. How can I restore directly from this DVD? Trying to load from backup media doesn't work as all the files are .zip.

Thanks,

Bill
Barry
Site Admin

Moving Backups Manually: Not a good idea

Post by Barry »

When we first experimented with backing up to remote CD’s using packet writing systems’ everything seemed to work okay. A test today failed with ‘delayed write error’ messages, so I guess this does not work, a pity!

As I said in my reply to your last post AISBackup needs to know what kind of media the backup is on in order to restore. If you backed up to a network drive instead of an FTP site then you could have used the Copy Backup to Disc option on the networked PC (containing the backup and writer). We need to set-up a test rig to test the remote copy FTP backup to Disc.

The work-around instructions in the previous reply should fix the current problem with the DVD backup.

The bottom line is: Do not copy the backup data yourself let AISBackup do it. If AISBackup cannot do the kind of copy you require ask us to update AISBackup.

Barry