Include Registry Backup in regular job?

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
sexy-trousers

Include Registry Backup in regular job?

Post by sexy-trousers »

You can backup the registry using the tools menu, but is there a way (or a check box somewhere) within a job defination to backup the registry? Seems to me it would be handy (unless it has to lock the reg. or otherwise kills the box while the reg. is being dumped)...

Also (as I posted in the feature request forum), do you think it's possible we can have another check box added to the job def. to inlcude the backup log with any completion email?

Thanks Barry,

Tim.
Barry
Site Admin

Registry Backup

Post by Barry »

The Registry will be backed up if it is selected. For those that do not know where the registry is in Windows; from the Manage Backup / Modify File and Folders click Auto Select then check the Registry option. If you are backing up the whole Windows drive the registry is selected anyway. In Active Directory Server environments the Active Directory will also be backed up if selected.

The e-mail log option will be included in a future release.

We are also working on a backup agent to allow the registry and active directory to be backed up on remote PC’s. Other optional remote control options will include remote PC pre & post jobs, Service stop and start, Running tasks (e.g. Outlook) close and restart.

Barry
sexy-trousers

Post by sexy-trousers »

you always continue to amazing me - you apparently are perpetually online.

You may want to consider having a "always backup register" check box anyway (not allowing any in advertant deselection of the required files in the selection list) - just as an idiot proofing measure. It would remove any doubt for users and also serve as a reminder to users when they are defining a backup job as to whether they want the reg. included in the backup - just a suggestion..

TJ