Auto Backups With MS Scheduler

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
bfox78

Auto Backups With MS Scheduler

Post by bfox78 »

Hello,

I am trying to set up a scheduled backup using your autobackup feature but after it is setup and I try a trial run it says failed and never does work.

Bill
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

The User Account name must be password protected under Windows NT, 2000 and XP. Advanced users should also see below.

I suggest that you set-up a job within AISBackup and then work directly with the Task Scheduler until the job is working. When I am
testing I usually manually set jobs to kick off within the next minute. AISBackup can launch the task scheduler via Tools / Microsoft
Task Scheduler.

Another possibility is that the Task Scheduler is not running:

Right Click 'My Computer' / Manage / Expand Services and Applications / Services / Task Scheduler must be 'Started', if not change Start up Type to Automatic and re-boot. To save a little time before the re-boot, right click and choose Start.

Advanced Users of AISBackup may know about the AT task scheduler, and those who want to know about the AT tasks should click here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... us;Q313565

Here is an extract of an e-mail from Bart, the customer of ours that pointed out the AT task scheduler to us:

But I found out an alternative. There is a standard Windows XP service
called "AT". With this you can create the same schedule task definitions.
The differences are:

1) No user/password required
2) Creator is "SYSTEM"
3) They are executed under every user

You must not touch them via the Schedule Task menu. Otherwise they will lose there special behaviour.

The command syntax you must use to setup a backup at 22.00h for everyday of the week is:

AT 22:00 /interactive /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su "E:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\AISBACKUP.exe" "Backup WinXPuk - Secondairy|M"

Barry