Loss of backup file

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
raycyn

Loss of backup file

Post by raycyn »

I seem to have inadvertently deleted one of my backup jobs from my hard drive. At least it no longer shows up in AISBackup and the buz and bdb files are not on the hard drive. They are not in my recycle bin either. Am I doomed? I know I can recreate the job, but is there any way I can recover the incremental backup data that I stored on CD-RW discs?
I normally write the backups to CD ROMs using Direct CD as the packet writer. The files are compressed.
I am using a Dell Dimension 4550 with XP SP1.
Ray Wright
Barry
Site Admin

Re-instate backup job.

Post by Barry »

All the necessary files for restoring a backup are saved to the backup media; this also enables backups to be restored on another PC. As long as no files have been manually deleted from the backup CD’s the easiest way to re-instate a backup is to remove the backup from AISBackup using the Manage Backup / Remove Backup Job From List (this used to be called Delete Backup Job) and then use the Tools / Open Job From Backup Media option to re-instate the job. To be sure that all the files are on the backup it may be tested using the Manage Backup / Validate (Test) Backup option. If any files are missing from the backup, and they still exist on the computer, they will be selected for backup next time.

Barry
raycyn

Deleted Job

Post by raycyn »

Thank you very much!. Your solution worked perfectly. I grow to appreciate AIS Backup more each time I use it.
Ray Wright