Size restriction doesn't work

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
ppp

Size restriction doesn't work

Post by ppp »

I upgraded to 1.10 (build 213) from 1.5, and the size restriction feature in Exlusions seems to have stopped working. Judging by the files panel, it is just ignored, so that an exclusion of *.*/10 MB ends up excluding every single file. (I haven't actually tried running the affected backups.) Judging by the verbal explanation in the Exclusions panel (neat feature!), the restriction is only applied if it is None! "Exclude all files with the file pattern *.* where the file size is greater or equal to None." it says (there's a "than" missing there).

Windows 98SE, backing up to CD with DirectCD (looks the same for AIS mastered, though).

I tried creating a brand new job from scratch and it has the same behaviour, so it's not corruption of my old jobs.
Pekka P. Pirinen
Barry
Site Admin

Size restriction

Post by Barry »

The size restriction did go missing, but it is back in version 1.10.1 which is available from http://www.aiscl.co.uk/downloadaisbackup.htm

Barry
ppp

Post by ppp »

Thanks, that was quick! I guess it was fixed before I posted.

I ran a big backup and it worked. Except for the 0.5 MB value, which doesn't seem to have any effect. Also, the explanation pane still does it the wrong way round. Good enough for my purposes, though.
Pekka P. Pirinen
Barry
Site Admin

Size restiction

Post by Barry »

0.5MB will work on the next release, as will the description. The size restriction can also be sepcified in KB manually, e.g. 512KB.

Barry