System misbehaves after using AISBackup 1.10 on Wi

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
dennis.mccoy

System misbehaves after using AISBackup 1.10 on Win2K/SP4

Post by dennis.mccoy »

I am using AISBackup 1.10 on a Win2K (SP4) Dell Latitude Laptop with a 4-M CPU running at 2.00 GHZ with 512 MB main memory. The target backup media is a Maxtor 250 GB OneTouch external Disk Drive (Combo Unit) using USB2. While I perform a full backup, the AISBackup appears to work as expected. When AISBackup 1.10 completes, my system begins to mis-behave. For example, I have a Post Run job which is a NT Bat script which re-starts two DB services and logs its behavior. The script runs just fine, but when I use Windows Explorer to right click on its log file, Windows Explorer hangs up. Also my wireless card connection looses its connection with the router. I have to re-boot my PC to get my system to be well behaved once more. Once I have done that, I can right click on the log file and get the intended results and my wireless card maintains its connection with the router.

Let me know if you need any further details. I really like this product and want to see it suceed.
Barry
Site Admin

Post by Barry »

Is the problem there when you run a new backup session as opposed to a full backup? A 1-session job where ‘prune zip files’ is enabled is functionally the same as running a full backup, except it only backs up new and changed files and then removes files that were deleted since the last session.

Please send us the job files via the Help / Bug Report option, please also attach a copy of the batch script so that we may try and emulate the same.

Barry
dennis.mccoy

Post by dennis.mccoy »

Thanks for the quick response. So far the problem manifests when I perform a full backup. I'll send along the requested job files.
Barry
Site Admin

Restarting Services via Post Run Job

Post by Barry »

I have run a similar job on W2K Server with the batch file restart of MSSQLSERVER (but not MYSQL). I do not have a copy of my-time.exe so this just generated a command error. The script and log file were created and the log file (which I took the liberty of adding .txt to the name) viewed successfully. If the NT script is run on your system in isolation is everything okay?

This problem has prompted us to allow NT services to be shutdown and restarted directly from AISBackup using the Manage Backup / Task Manager option, simply enter the program name as [service name] in square brackets, e.g. [mysql], [mssqlserver]. AISBackup shows service stops and starts in the backup log file. If a service is not already running it will not be started after the backup.

This may not solve your problem but a program called Task Info 2003 may help discover any potential problems on your system:

http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html

I will send a link to the updated AISBackup to you via e-mail when it has been uploaded.
Barry
Site Admin

Update

Post by Barry »

Build 215 is available from the download page:

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/downloadaisbackup.htm

Barry