Apparent exclusion of specific directories/folders

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
jbartlett

Apparent exclusion of specific directories/folders by name

Post by jbartlett »

I have been evaluating your product for only a few days but cannot find this referenced in the documentation or in the forum so it may well be a Read Your Friendly Manual issue....

After a QuickJob backup of Documents and Settings I found that a number of files were missing from the backup. I determined that you automatically suppress specific folders / directories. This may be a bad habit but I usually have a TEMP directory and use it as a holding area. Two questions: First, can I change the default behavior of AISBackup to backup everything under a starting point regardless of name? And, if not, how can I flag TEMP to be restored without having to individually checking each file?

Thanks, jim
Barry
Site Admin

Changing the status of globally excluded files and folders

Post by Barry »

All folders called \TEMP are excluded from new backup jobs. To change the default for new jobs use the Tools / Default Exclude Files & Folders List menu option, just double click \Temp to remove it from the list. Changing the default list does not change any pre-existing job. To change the exclusions list for a job use the Manage Backup / Modify Files and Folders List menu option, then select the Exclusions tab. Either double click \Temp or select \Temp then click Delete to remove it from the exclusion list. Note that the state changes from a global exclusion to ‘Excluded’, so re-select the Files tab and click the folder \Temp to select it for backup. Basically, Global Exclusions cannot be selected for backup although from version 1.9.1 we added the option to select individual files from excluded files and folders.

Complete folders may be selected for restore. From version 1.10 we also introduced drag-and-drop restore so that it is easier to control where files are restored to, this works best in Windows 2000 & XP as only files can be dragged and dropped in Windows 95, 98 & ME.

Barry