installing AISCL on a new computer

Use this forum for help with AISBackup
msexton

installing AISCL on a new computer

Post by msexton »

I have a question. I have been using AISCL ver 1.8 for over a year. Works great. I have been given a new computer here at work. I also just downloaded your new version 1.9.1.209.

I would like to install the new verstion on my new computer. I have my old registration key. Can this be done or do I have to buy another copy. I still have only one computer, the new one. The old one will be erased and reassigned or trashed.

Thanks

Mike Sexton
Barry
Site Admin

license issue

Post by Barry »

Hi

We license AISBackup for a business to run on one computer, if this computer is changed and the original erased then this is okay. A handover period of up to one month, although not specifically mentioned, is also okay as it is not always possible to replace old PC's immediately.

BTW: We uploaded version 1.10 today (30 July 2004).

Barry
msexton

Okay

Post by msexton »

Barry

Okay, I appreciate the information. I figured that it would be okay with the licensing since it is the same job, same worker same everything but just a new computer.

What I need to know is how to get the program regestered on the new computer. I have tried entering my old key number in the new program and that does not work.

Mike
Barry
Site Admin

AISBackup Key

Post by Barry »

We send a key file with the registration e-mail. This can be dragged and dropped on the latest version of AISBackup (1.10) directly from the e-mail, or saved to the AISBackup program folder. If you do not have the original e-mail just send in a registration from the trial version of AISBackup, our system will automatically re-send the key file, assuming you use the same e-mail address as when you purchased AISBackup.

Actually, I think you have changed your e-mail address, just send an e-mail confirming the old and new address and we will send you the key file.

Our records show that the key was last sent to you on 18 September 2003, if this helps. Perhaps it is on a backup :D

Barry