Use this forum for help with AISBackup
kdmoyers

"The FTP backup cannot be located. Load anyway?"

Post by kdmoyers »

Version: 1.9.1.209
Database Location: C:\Program Files\Aquarius IS Consultancy\AISBackup\Database\
Physical Memory: 510
Memory Loaded: 49 %
Platform: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
PacketWriter:

Question: I'm testing AISB in a server setting, using FTP to store the backup files. "Test FTP Connection" works correctly. First backup run works perfect -- files are transferred correctly. I can look at them on the target machine, a bunch of .zip files and one .job.zip file.

But when I then click Prepare Job, it thinks a few seconds, then produces: "The FTP backup cannot be located. Load anyway?" It does not matter if you click Yes or No, it seems to go on either way.

In the log screen it indicates that it could not download some files (.bdb,.buz,.dir, etc), but those files were never on the FTP site, they are located in the local BACKUP directory. Why would it try to download them?

I guess I just don't understand what the "The FTP backup cannot be located. Load anyway?" dialog is trying to say, and what I should be doing about it.

Could you perhaps explain the whole AISB/FTP process a bit? What files move to what locations at what time?

Thanks!! If this works, I'll need two additional licenses for Win2000 servers.

-Kirby
You must be the change you wish to see in the world
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Backup

Post by Barry »

Hi

I am sure this is the same problem as discussed in TGTipton's thread, please read and let us know.

If this is the case the backup is okay, it is the remote .job file that cannot be retrieved (until the fix is uploaded).

The job files are remote because the recipient of the backup need not be the PC the backup was made.

Barry
kdmoyers

Post by kdmoyers »

OK, I re-read that thread and I see your point: it's likely the same problem. I'll wait for that patch and try again. :) Meanwhile, I'll experiment with other stuff.

I think this program could really bust into the server market with these newer features onboard. Being able to target an FTP server makes *all* the difference for me, because we don't allow shares across our firewalls.

Keep up the good work!

-Kirby
Barry
Site Admin

FTP Backup

Post by Barry »

Hi

Version 1.9.2 (pre-release) is available for download. Please confirm that this fixes the FTP bug. This version is marked pre-release until all reported issues have been tested.

http://www.aiscl.co.uk/DownoadAISBackup.htm#Pre

Thank you.

Barry
kdmoyers

Post by kdmoyers »

Already running a test backup! Thanks for the super quick response!
Back atcha with results as soon as it finishes...
-Kirby
kdmoyers

Post by kdmoyers »

1.9.2 works perfectly. FTP problems gone. Sucessfully completed 5.7GB backup via FTP.

Excellent work.
-Kirby